Sunday, October 9, 2011

Pickin' and Grinnin' ;)

This font is one I got on the internet - it's called "Cowboy". I love to copy and design fonts for cake writing!

The guitar strap is made from modeling chocolate. I engraved it with gum paste tools to look like the real guitar strap. The strings are spaghetti noodles dusted with silver luster dust - in the assembly of the strings I made the all-important discovery that corn syrup is the perfect glue!! :) Rice crispies form the base for the neck - they're also covered in modeling chocolate...mmmm!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is a great cake! I love the strap, strings and the last picture- you're cakes look so perfect! It looks like you think out each detail to look real. The cowboy font is great, too.
    Thanks for sharing these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Marjolaine! :) It was a challenge, but I really enjoyed it.I give God the glory for the talent He gave me! I do tend to be a perfectionist-which for cakes can be good, but stressful if I don't keep things in perspective! :) Thank you again! God Bless.

    -Beth

    ReplyDelete