Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Root Beer Truck and Skippy :)

This is the cake I made for my brother's birthday party on Tuesday. He wanted an old truck, and wanted his theme to be root beer floats - and his dog, Skippy. So, I invented an A&W root beer delivery truck from 1949 - a Ford F-2. I found a reference pic of the Ford delivery truck, and a pic of the A&W logo from around that time, and married the two...As with the last cake, I painted the picture (using food coloring & vanilla extract) on rolled out white modeling chocolate. He loved the result, and it was so much fun!! :)

                                                                   Root beer logo detail...
Ford F-2 - classy looking trucks! My grandpa owns a standard pickup - I painted a picture of it (not on a cake) which you can see here.
And Skippy!!! Our family -and especially my brother's-Border Collie. :)

2 comments: