Thursday, December 8, 2011

Christmas Poinsettia Cake

I made this cake for a friend's cookie exchange party - I like the festive colors!










This was my first time doing any kind of "drapey thing" down the front of a cake...so that was interesting to figure out. :) I did it in white modeling chocolate, and it was losing its flexibility when I started folding it, so I had to take the whole thing off and do it again, and finally got it to lay right. :)
The poinsettias are also modeling chocolate. I hand-piped the snowflakes and decorated them with edible pearl nonpareils.

3 comments:

  1. That is very pretty! I can't believe you piped the snowflakes, and made the poinsettias and did the draping in front of the cake- it must take a lot of patience! :)

    Oh! I just remembered about a Canadian friends' cake business website which I think you'd like to visit, since you decorate cakes too! It's really fun to look at the photos of all the cakes she's done! Enjoy!

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Silver-Spoon-Cakes/36716995759

    http://www.silverspooncakes.com/index.php

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is incredible edible artwork!

    ReplyDelete